The UK Cards Association call for evidence response
On 15 October 2010, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and HM Treasury published a Call for Evidence (Managing Borrowing and Dealing With Debt) in support of the Consumer Credit and Personal Insolvency Review.
The UK Cards Association is pleased to publish its response. This focuses on those questions of greatest relevance to the credit card industry, as follows:
- Q1 & Q2 on credit advertising
- Q5 & Q6 on data sharing and credit scoring
- Q7 on improvements to the consumer credit regime
- Q9 & Q10 on rate capping and re-pricing
- Q21 on a moratorium on creditor action for customers in financial difficulty
The comprehensive response calls upon extensive evidence. The credit card industry strongly believes that any decisions on the future of the industry should be on the basis of such robust evidence.
With regard to the other questions, which are more general across lending and debt matters, The UK Cards Association supports the submission made by the British Bankers’ Association.