Internet card use (2014)
Consumer internet card spending
- 21% of card spending at UK merchants was online in 2014.
- Card issuers reported that £175 billion was online, representing 29% of total card spending by consumers, businesses and government.
- Out of the £175 billion spent online, £37 billion was from using credit cards, and £138 billion from using debit cards.
- In 2014 almost nine in ten adults used the internet, with 58% who did so using a mobile device. 74% of users bought something online.
- On average, 37% of online spending was via tablets or smartphones during 2014.
Glossary View Items Highlight Unhighlight